Disabling the DHCP Service in SBS2008 will leave you with annoying warnings in your SBS Console:
To properly Disable DHCP in SBS2008, you should:
- Set the service to Automatic in services.msc if it’s currently disabled.
- Open the SBS Console (Advanced) and browse to the Network Tab, then the Connectivity Tab.
- In the Task Pane on the right, click ‘Start DHCP’, and click ‘Yes’ to continue.
- Once DHCP has Successfully Started, click ‘Ok’, and then
- Click ‘Stop DHCP’ (in the Tasks Pane on the right).
This should avoid any errors when using the Connect to Internet Wizard.
To Disable the Error Notifications:
- Open the Windows SBS Console (Advanced Mode).
- Browse to the Network Tab, and then to the Computers Tab.
- Select the SBS Server, and then click ‘View Notification Settings’ in the Tasks Pane on the right.
- Under the Services sub-heading, untick the entry for ‘DHCP Server’, and then click Ok.
This will prevent the SBS Console from notifying you when the DHCP Server Service is not running.